Making motivational lectures more dynamic. Hence, more effective is a matter of captivating your audience right from your beginning sentence and keeping them entertained and wanting more the rest of the time. Here are some great tips you can follow to make sure that you never deliver a boring lecture again:
- Captivate with an interesting kick-starter. This can be anything from a short activity to a good old thought-provoking question delivered right at the beginning of the lecture. Not only will this steer their interest, it will also give them something to look forward to as you proceed with the entire speech.
- Keep your thoughts and your message organized. A dynamic lecture follows a specific pattern, but shouldn’t be too inflexible as to seem stiff and overly rehearsed. Having visual aids like a digital presentation is a good way to keep the flow of your lecture going. It also helps incorporating multimedia so audiences won’t easily get distracted.
- Be animated and interesting the entire time. The key to having an alert, expectant audiences is keeping them entertained. A monotonous speaking voice is guaranteed to lull your listeners to sleep. Develop your delivery style and don’t be afraid to loosen up. Don’t hide behind the podium or the lectern and maintain contact with your audience by being more approachable and conversational. Use good humor and review your previous lectures so you can learn from your mistakes.
- Give your audience the floor for a certain time. Allowing them to ask questions increases engagement and guarantees interaction. If you encourage them to raise questions, you stimulate their interest and help them be more involved in the activity.
- Finally, don’t be afraid of change. Breaking away from straightforward speaking formats might just be the change you need to deliver lectures that can help people achieve success by making strong decisions.